Importance of Spay and Neuter
Ten reasons why you should Spay or Neuter
1. Male and female rabbits that are not spayed or neutered can start spraying urine to mark their territory when they start becoming hormonal at about four months old.
2. Approximately 80% of unspayed rabbits get uterine cancer at an early age.
3. Spayed or neutered rabbits that live in the house on the proper diet have a life span of ten to thirteen years.
4. Un-spayed or un-neutered rabbits that live outside have an average life span of three years.
5. Many behavioral problems are a result of a rabbit not being spayed or neutered. Such as lunging, boxing, grunting, biting, not using the litter box, not wanting to be held, trying to escape from their living quarters.
6. Spayed or neutered rabbits are much more likely to use their litter box.
7. There are many rabbit knowledgeable veterinarians that perform spay and neuter on rabbits. For low cost spay and neuter see below.
8. Rabbits should always live with at least one other rabbit. Rabbits that are spayed or neutered are much easier to bond (both must be fixed before bonding can take place), plus there will be no unwanted litters.
9. Your relationship with your rabbit will be a happy and healthy one.
10. Every day rabbits are killed at shelters due to the huge overpopulation. By spaying or neutering you rabbit you are helping to put an end to this.
Females can be spayed as soon as they sexually mature, usually around 4 months of age, but many veterinarians prefer to wait until they are
6 months old, as surgery is riskier on a younger female rabbit.
Males can be neutered as soon as the testicles descend, usually around 3-1/2 months of age.
Low Cost Spay & Neuter Clinics in Orange County, CA
2407 E. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92831
16540 Harbor Blvd.
Fountain Valley, Ca. 92708.